Want to clean your car’s upholstery the expert way? Well, why not just hire a pro? But wait; there is a better and less expensive option. Buying a car’s upholstery steam cleaner doesn’t really cost much, and it certainly doesn’t cost a lot of money to maintain as well. However, to get the best services for your car, you need to own the best car upholstery steam cleaner. Fortunately, you may find the best machine for your needs by reading the following car upholstery steam cleaner reviews.
Below we have reviewed machines that are impressive at removing embedded dirt from car seats, steam cleaners that eliminate all forms of dirt in minutes as well as some low priced steam cleaners that work very efficiently for any type of car. Make sure to read the full article, therefore, as we have also discussed how to select the steam cleaner that fits the needs you have in mind.
- Steamfast SF-210
- Watts: 900
- Water tank: 6 oz
- Continuous use: 10 min
- Max temperature: 212 F
- Attachments: 6
- Cord: 12'
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 5.5 x 8.2
- Homegear X100
- Watts: 1500
- Water tank: 38 oz
- Continuous use: 37.5 min
- Max temperature: 284 F
- Attachments: 14
- Cord: 9'
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 12.5 x 12.5
- Vapamore MR-100
- Watts: 1500
- Water tank: 54 oz
- Continuous use: 60 min
- Max temperature: 210 - 220 F
- Attachments: 16
- Cord: 18'
- Dimensions: 13 x 14 x 15
- Pyle Pure Clean
- Watts: 1500
- Water tank: 6 oz
- Continuous use: 10 min
- Max temperature: 220 F
- Attachments: 9
- Cord: 16.4
- Dimensions: 11.0 x 6.1 x 10.0
- Watts: 1500
- Water tank: 6 oz
- Continuous use: 10 min
- Max temperature: 248 F
- Attachments: 18
- Cord: 12'
- Dimensions: -
Top 5 Car Upholstery Steam Cleaners
Vapamore MR-100 Car Upholstery Steam Cleaner
The Vapamore MR-100 is a multi-use steam cleaner that comes with several attachments to include a car’s upholstery cleaning. It is also one of the most powerful machines in the market today, with the ability to reach 2200F. On the other hand, the Vapamore has often been voted as a customers’ best auto steam cleaner, and the following reviews show why.
- User friendly – Weighing only 20.5 pounds, the compact steam cleaner allows you to clean your house or car’s upholstery efficiently without having to strain your back. Again, it is an easy to operate machine and you almost need no manual or directions to learn how to operate it.
- Multiple Attachments – The Vapamore MR-100 is better known for home use. However, its multiple attachments make it possible to clean your car’s upholstery, steam clean the carpets or scrub hard floors, all with ease. It is also a sanitizer, and thus a great tool to help eliminate bugs from your home.
- Convenience – When it comes to convenience, the Vapamore MR-100 is a leader. It features a regular control unit to start with and an indicator light for in-use purposes. On the other hand, the machine features a retractable power cord to ease your work as you clean and to help with easy storage.
- Chemical Free Cleaner – The steam cleaner is chemical free, and thus one of the best choices for anyone allergic to cleaning solutions. The fact that it only uses steam for cleaning does also make it a safe tool to use for sensitive carpets and car seats.
- 60 Minutes Cleaner – With its 0.5 gallon sized tank, the Vapamore model could last up to 60 minutes and thus enable you to do a thorough cleaning of your bedding, bathrooms, pet areas, cleaning food preparation equipment and on your car seats.
Steamfast SF-210 Car Upholstery Steam Cleaner
The Steamfast SF-210 is a handheld cleaner that has often been regarded as one of the best choices for cleaning car upholstery. And like other top rated car upholstery steam cleaners, the machine relies on no cleaning solutions; thus making it a great choice for anyone with allergies against cleaning solutions. But to help you learn more about the machine, check its full details below.
- Lightweight and Portable – The Steamfast SF210 is compact in shape and weighs 2.6 pounds only to make it one of the lightest car upholstery steam cleaners that can do an efficient job. The small compact shape also makes the steam cleaner easy to store.
- Fast Cleaner – The small cleaner heats up amazingly fast and retains the hot temperatures as it helps you steam clean your upholstery and bathroom in a fast and efficient manner. It actually takes three minutes to heat up to ideal temperatures, before you can then eliminate dirt and grime off your car’s seats and mud gear in about ten minutes.
- Efficient for Small Job – The small steam cleaner is great at its job, and has often received high ratings for the stellar performance. In small tasks especially, the SF-210 performs as efficiently as any full size steam cleaner. However, the SF-210 may fail to impress when used to clean hard floors or embedded grease on carpets.
- Convenient – The SF-210 features a 12-foot power cord for easy movement, while it has few parts to ensure you only concentrate on the job at hand.
- Great Design – The SF’s design and looks probably justifies why its popularity grows day after day. It looks stylish by all means. Its handle looks stylish as well, probably more stylish than most handheld steam cleaners look.
Homegear X100 Car Steam Cleaner
The Homegear X100 is a professional grade cleaner that happens to sell surprisingly low. It also sums up as an all-purpose cleaner, with the special ability of eliminating dirt or pet dander from your car’s upholstery. And since it is also light and small, you could keep it in your car and have it whenever you need clean the seats or other dirty parts.
- Dual Cylinder – Although not big, the steam cleaner features two tanks of water, each capable of holding about 33 ounces. One cylinder works to keep clean water, while the other hold dirty water as you prepare to waste it. But if you are only buying the cleaner for cleaning upholstery in your car, you probably won’t have to use the dirty water cylinder a lot.
- No Chemicals – The Homegear X100 has the great benefit of never exposing chemicals or other cleaning solutions to your car’s upholstery. This is a great advantage, not only to the upholstery which doesn’t get affected but also to your health and to the health of your young kids. All the same, the cleaner still has the option to add cleaning solutions; just in case you need to eliminate grease from carpets or stains that won’t come out with steam alone.
- Versatile – In spite of being one of the smallest in the market, this steam cleaner offers a wide range of services, thanks to the many attachments it comes with. You can, for instance, clean hard surfaces, clean through narrow areas, disinfect your bathroom and clean wooden floors without scratching them.
- High Performer with its intense heat – The small steam cleaner heats up to 284 degrees, and maintains the high temperatures until you are through with cleaning the hard surfaces or eliminating stains from your car’s upholstery.
Pure Clean Handheld Steamer
With the Pure cleaner’s revered features, it is now possible to achieve a new level of clean for your car’s upholstery or in your home. The Pure clean also takes one of a kind handheld design and probably has one of the most creatively made nozzles. But most importantly, it only takes a single pull of the trigger; and off the steam begins to do the hard work for you. Read below to see its main features.
- Natural Cleaner – Since it uses steam only for its cleaning, your car’s upholstery receives a natural, spotless clean that smells fresh all day. And note that the steam cleaner is quite effective at its job, although sometimes you may want to add some cleaning solutions to remove the most stubborn stains and grime.
- Quickly Disinfects and Sanitizes – The Steam cleaner goes beyond normal cleaning and does the sanitizing work for you. It is thus a great tool in the kitchen where you can sanitize food preparation equipment, in the bathroom or in the bedrooms to disinfect your bedding.
- Lightweight and Portable – Weighing below 3 pounds, the Pure Clean is one of the lightest and one of the best rated car upholstery steam cleaners hold and operate. With this steam cleaner actually; you almost can’t feel any fatigue while using it.
- Simple Activation – The steam cleaner features a single touch steam activation system to ensure you clean your upholstery in the fastest time possible. Refilling the cleaner’s reservoir is also easy as you can add tap or bottled water into it. Again, the cleaner provides great convenience with its 9 attachments that help add the element of versatility to it.
- Superheat Steam – With an internal 900-watt heating element, this steam cleaner is able to heat water to super high levels for the most efficient kind of cleaning your car’s upholstery can get.
Vaporetto Handy Multi-Surface Portable Steam Cleaner
The Vaporetto all-surface steam cleaner takes a compact cylinder style design and has got wheels to help you drag it around. You can also wear it on a shoulder strap, and have fun eliminating germs and dirt off your car’s upholstery, carpets or even hard surfaces. This model is actually one of the top car upholstery steam cleaners you can get in the market today, and here is why.
- Great Design – Overall, this steam cleaner has a very clever design, including its modular lance designed mop head that you can adjust its length. The compact design also makes it look stylish, plus you can shoulder strap it and clean on different surfaces in your home with a lot of conveniences.
- Lightweight and Portable – If you can shoulder strap it means there is no place you can’t go with the steam cleaner. However, its light nature does add the element of convenience. Again, it already comes with wheels to make your drag it without straining, and this adds even more convenience to you.
- Efficient – The cleaner features a mop head that can be attached with a flat waffle cloth to help clean other surfaces, albeit with a lot of efficiency. The cleaner can also be attached with a squeegee to handle the windows, a grout cleaner, a spatula as well as a brush. On your car’s upholstery especially, this steam cleaner could totally eliminate any stains, grease or grime in there.
- Consistent Hot Steam – The steam cleaner only takes five minutes to heat up, after which it maintains the high temperatures until you are done cleaning the different surfaces in your home. Note that the cleaner heats up the entire full tank, which is why it takes a bit longer to heat up.
- Comes with multiple accessories – You get a few accessories to help you keep your car clean or your home spotless one you buy this machine.
Best Car Upholstery Steam Cleaner Comparison Table
|Product name||Watts||Water tank||Continuous use||Max temperature||Attachments||Cord|
|Steamfast SF-210||900||6 oz||10 min||212 F||6||12'|
|Homegear X100||1500||38 oz||37.5 min||284 F||14||9'|
|Vapamore MR-100||1500||54 oz||60 min||210 - 220 F||16||18'|
|Pyle Pure Clean||1500||6 oz||10 min||220 F||9||16.4'|
|Vaporetto||1500||6 oz||10 min||248 F||18||12'|
How to Steam Clean Car Seats?
Knowing how to steam clean car seats can come in handy when you don’t have the money to always spend on professional services. It is also fun to clean a car’s upholstery, because it doesn’t take long, and in the end, you will feel gratified at your job. But then how should you do it? Learn below.
What you need
- Car upholstery steam cleaner
- Optional upholstery shampoo
- Pre-conditioner if your car’s seats are really dirty
- Hot water
Wear Safety Gloves
Before everything else, wear heat-resistant hand gloves and protect yourself from scalding. You may also consider bringing a fan into the car especially when it is hot outside. All the same, wearing gloves that fit is important; because you can now concentrate on the cleaning knowing that you are protected from the germs and dirt you risk coming into contact with as you clean. On the other hand, you need to remove everything that may hinder you from giving your seats a thorough cleaning.
Open All Car Doors
The goal here is to provide you with the most ideal temperatures as you do the cleaning process. Note that some steam cleaners reach up to 3000F, and this is the amount of heat enough to affect your health drastically. Again, opening the doors allow for a free flow of air, and thus eliminating most of the hot steam that could have been otherwise trapped inside.
Pre-Condition dirty Upholstery
Where your car seats look really dirty, it helps to apply them with pre-conditioners. However, only apply the most appropriate pre-conditioners to your car seats, so that you can prevent any fading or wear. Pre-conditioning while not always mandatory has the advantage or removing stubborn stains like ink or coffee. Some people also use normal vacuum cleaners to eliminate debris and dirt, after which you can easily concentrate on cleaning the invisible dirt.
Once you have eliminated visible dirt and stains, you can add the upholstery attachment and use it to remove water and dirt from your car’s seats. The right upholstery cleaners often feature a technology that can identify dirty water and suck it up, thus easing your work. A good steam should also dry the seats in a quick and fast manner.
Dry the Seats
For people who use cloth based car seats, a simple car’s dry brush is enough to help you eliminate all water from the seats. But for leather and some other materials, you may want to put some extra effort if you are to eliminate all water and leave your seats feeling smooth and brand new. You can also try brushing the seats from different directions to finish drying them faster.
Most people experience problems when cleaning the car’s upholstery mainly because you can’t remove the seats. However, you can’t just wait for them to discolor or smell, right? Fortunately, as you may have noted from the above car upholstery steam cleaner reviews, there are many great steam cleaners you can buy and maintain the new cool looks your car’s seats had while new. You only need to select the best car upholstery steam cleaner among them, and you may never have to call a professional over again.